Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 19-21 November 2018 in Montpellier. GDR TheoMoDive General Meeting.
- Internship - We are looking for a M2 student within the CBTM team. Project title: ‘Destabilizing effects of controlling ecosystem behaviors.'
- Postdoctoral position in in Theoretical Restoration Ecology - We are opening a postdoctoral position, in the area of dynamics and functioning of spatial food webs.
- How ecological feedbacks between human population and land cover influence sustainability. PLoS Computational Biology.
- Species dispersal and biodiversity in human-dominated metacommunities. Journal of Theoretical Biology.
- Sustainable land-use management under biodiversity lag effects. Ecological Economics.