Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 20-21 March 2018 in Moulis. BIOSTASES Mid-Term Review.
- 10-12 April 2018 in Clermont-Ferrand. Workshop "dynamique temporelle des réseaux d'interaction".
- 19-21 November 2018 in Montpellier. GDR TheoMoDive General Meeting.
- Postdoctoral positions in Theoretical Ecology - Peking University in China is opening 2 postdoctoral positions in the areas of: (1) Biodiversity and ecosystem functioning and stability; (2) Meta-communities and meta-ecosystems; (3) Food webs.
- Is local biodiversity declining or not? A summary of the debate over analysis of species richness time trends. Biological Conservation.
- Generic assembly patterns in complex ecological communities. PNAS.
- Why a planetary boundary, if it is not planetary, and the boundary is undefined? A reply to Rockström et al. Trends in Ecology & Evolution.