Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 28 May-1 June 2018 in St Lizier. BEF Scaling Working Group.
- 19-21 November 2018 in Montpellier. GDR TheoMoDive General Meeting.
- Postdoctoral positions in Theoretical Ecology - We are opening 2 postdoctoral positions within the BIOSTASES project, in the area of Biodiversity and stability in spatial ecological systems.
- PhD position - We are opening a PhD position within the CBTM team. Title: ‘Land sharing versus land sparing revisited: Modelling the long-term dynamics of human populations, land use and ecosystem services'.
- Quantifying effects of biodiversity on ecosystem functioning across times and places. Ecology Letters.
- Modeling potential distributions of three European amphibian species comparing ENFA and MaxEnt. Herpetological Conservation and Biology.
- Comparing species interaction networks along environmental gradients. Biological Reviews.