Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 11-15 September 2017 in Stockholm. 3rd Symposium on Ecological Networks
- 2-6 October 2017 in Montreal. First meeting of BEF scale working group
- 9-11 October 2017 in Paris. Annual GDR TheoMoDive meeting
- Unequal contributions of species′ persistence and migration on plant communities′ response to climate warming throughout forests. bioRxiv
- Defector clustering is linked to cooperation in a pathogenic bacterium. Proceedings of the Royal Society B.
- Phytoplankton functional diversity increases ecosystem productivity and stability. Ecological Modelling