Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 28 May-1 June 2018 in St Lizier. BEF Scaling Working Group.
- 19-21 November 2018 in Montpellier. GDR TheoMoDive General Meeting.
- Postdoctoral positions in Theoretical Ecology - We are opening 2 postdoctoral positions within the BIOSTASES project, in the area of Biodiversity and stability in spatial ecological systems.
- PhD position - We are opening a PhD position within the CBTM team. Title: ‘Land sharing versus land sparing revisited: Modelling the long-term dynamics of human populations, land use and ecosystem services'.
- Comparing species interaction networks along environmental gradients. Biological Reviews.
- How to Integrate Experimental Research Approaches in Ecological and Environmental Studies: AnaEE France as an Example. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution.
- Scale dependence of the diversity–stability relationship in a temperate grassland. Journal of Ecology.