Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 9-11 October in Paris. Annual GDR TheoMoDive meeting
- 2-6 October in Montreal. First meeting of BEF scale working group
- 9-16 Juin in Santa Barbara. Working Group "Scaling-up Productivity responses to Changes in Biodiversity" - National Centre for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS)
- Diversity spurs diversification in ecological communities. Nature Communications
- Evaluating the core microbiota in complex communities: a systematic investigation. Environmental Microbiology
- Linking the influence and dependence of people on biodiversity across scales. Nature