Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 11-15 September 2017 in Stockholm. 3rd Symposium on Ecological Networks
- 2-6 October 2017 in Montreal. First meeting of BEF scale working group
- 9-11 October 2017 in Paris. Annual GDR TheoMoDive meeting
- Phytoplankton functional diversity increases ecosystem productivity and stability. Ecological Modelling
- Mowing exacerbates the loss of ecosystem stability under nitrogen enrichment in a temperate grassland. Functional Ecology
- Diversity spurs diversification in ecological communities. Nature Communications