Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 9-11 October in Paris. Annual GDR TheoMoDive meeting
- 2-6 October in Montreal. First meeting of BEF scale working group
- 9-16 Juin in Santa Barbara. Working Group "Scaling-up Productivity responses to Changes in Biodiversity" - National Centre for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS)
- An invariability-area relationship sheds new light on the spatial scaling of ecological stability. Nature Communications
- Breaking Through Ecosystem Boundaries. Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America
- Recent growth changes in Western European forests are driven by climate warming and structured across tree species climatic habitats. Annals of Forest Science