Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 15-17 October 2019 in Moulis. GDR TheoMoDive General Meeting.
- No opening currently. Do come back to the website regularly to check for recruitment of postdocs or interships in the team.
- Temporal stability of aboveground biomass is governed by species asynchrony in temperate forests. Ecological Indicators.
- Spatial analyses of multi-trophic terrestrial vertebrate assemblages in Europe. Global Ecology and Biogeography.
- Nutrient-induced shifts of dominant species reduce ecosystem stability via increases in species synchrony and population variability. Science of The Total Environment.