Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 28 May-1 June 2018 in St Lizier. BEF Scaling Working Group.
- 19-21 November 2018 in Montpellier. GDR TheoMoDive General Meeting.
- Postdoctoral position in in Theoretical Restoration Ecology - We are opening a postdoctoral position, in the area of dynamics and functioning of spatial food webs.
- PhD position - We are opening a PhD position within the CBTM team. Title: ‘Land sharing versus land sparing revisited: Modelling the long-term dynamics of human populations, land use and ecosystem services'.
- A combinatorial analysis using observational data identifies species that govern ecosystem functioning. PLOS One.
- Ecological autocatalysis: a central principle in ecosystem organization? Ecological Monographs.
- Aboveground carbon storage is driven by functional trait composition and stand structural attributes rather than biodiversity in temperate mixed forests recovering from disturbances. Annals of Forest Science.