Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 15-17 October 2019 in Moulis. GDR TheoMoDive General Meeting.
- No opening currently. Do come back to the website regularly to check for recruitment of postdocs or interships in the team.
- Evaluating the effects of landscape structure on the recovery of an invasive vertebrate after population control. Landscape Ecology.
- Dr Miguel Lurgi Rivera, supported by the Embassy’s scientific mobility program. Embassy of France in Canberra.
- Nitrogen addition does not reduce the role of spatial asynchrony in stabilising grassland communities. Ecology Letters.