Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling
The Centre for Biodiversity Theory and Modelling seeks to lay the theoretical foundations of an integrative biodiversity science able to meet the great challenges of the current biodiversity crisis.
Its scientific mission is to foster the development of unifying theories and predictive models of biodiversity changes and of their ecological, evolutionary, and societal causes and consequences.
The Centre promotes collaborative research. It is home to a vibrant research group, but it also hosts international working groups, workshops, and visitors.
- 28 May-1 June 2018 in St Lizier. BEF Scaling Working Group.
- 19-21 November 2018 in Montpellier. GDR TheoMoDive General Meeting.
- Postdoctoral position in in Theoretical Restoration Ecology - We are opening a postdoctoral position, in the area of dynamics and functioning of spatial food webs.
- PhD position - We are opening a PhD position within the CBTM team. Title: ‘Land sharing versus land sparing revisited: Modelling the long-term dynamics of human populations, land use and ecosystem services'.
- Uncovering the drivers of host-associated microbiota with joint species distribution modelling. Molecular Ecology.
- Quantifying effects of biodiversity on ecosystem functioning across times and places. Ecology Letters.
- Modeling potential distributions of three European amphibian species comparing ENFA and MaxEnt. Herpetological Conservation and Biology.